2015

2015

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The great outdoors!

Last weekend started off pretty fun! Eddie was having an Organizational Day for his unit, so we all got to play at a local amusement area for free. Little Eddie was itching to get on the go-karts so first thing they got in line and waited for their turn. Ready to go!
Hi Mom!
Wow that was fun!
There was a little roller coaster I took the kids on but Eddie was inside so I couldn't release Nicolas long enough to take a picture. He's like a dog, as soon as they feel the pressure release, they take off!
Then we went on the little planes and as you can see by their huge smiling faces, they loved it!
After a fun little morning (and a few Nicolas meltdowns) we snuck out to have lunch at Eddie's favorite place

The rest of the weekend involoved a whole lotta nothin, so Sunday afternoon we decided to take advantage of the day. 95 degrees but thankfully a wonderful breeze. Perfect for flying a kite!
Sing it with me people:
Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height
Let's go fly a kite
And send it soaring!
Nicolas thought it was hilarious when Little Eddie was flying his kite, but when Daddy opened the big one I guess it scared him silly and he was screaming with fear.
Little Eddie was having the time of his life!!
Luckily after about 15 minutes I was able to calm Nicolas down and even convinced him to help me fly one.
Lightning McQueen and Mater! This is the one Nicolas didn't like.

Taking a rest while the kite was flying like crazy- it was super windy and perfect for kites!
A stolen moment
Eddie reading to Nicolas- I love when he does this!
This week Little Eddie started swim lessons! I was a little nervous since most of the time when we have him in the pool he freaks out. But, he was ready to jump right in! And he did!
Kicking on his back. He is a pro.
His first day he went under water to get this ring! A little water up the nose but not enough to traumatize, thank goodness.
Doing some swimming with the noodles
Day 2- at the end of the class they asked who wanted to go down the slide and he DID! Waiting his turn.
After the slide, cold(it was 85 out), wet and ready to go home. I don't think he will go down the slide tomorrow...
Doing an awesome paddle

Going down the slide

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, went for the ring the first day! Great pictures and I love all the smiles!

Love, Mama/Bama

Allison said...

I was singing with you...
Looks like a fun family weekend. You all sure get to spend a lot of time as a family, that is awesome! Hooray for a great first swim lesson!