This is at the entrance of my street- 2 houses down from us. They are blocking off the road and getting ready for the rescue.
Saturday, May 30, 2009
AMAZING!!!
Who would have thought that a nice little community in the mountains would have so much action??!! Bears, plane crashes, and helicopters on a rescue mission!! You all know about the bears, but I should fill you in on the latest action here so you can understand my photos. About 2 weeks ago a small plane crashed into the trees at the edge of out lake, about 1/3 mile from our house. The really weird part is that the pilot assumingly jumped 30 feet down to the ground, somehow called 9-1-1 to report the crash, and then hitchhiked back home without waiting for assistance. Since he probably had no idea where he was, he didn't tell the operator where to find the plane, so it was 24 hours before it was spotted. Even more amazing, no one saw or heard anything!! So anyways, this plane has been sitting in the trees for the last 2 weeks and it was decided that today was the day to get it down!! We had no idea what was happening, so when I saw a firetruck, ambulance and other emergency vehicles 2 houses down from us, I was intrigued. I decided maybe I should take a walk with the boys, and then I heard a helicopter land on the field behind our house!!!! That sealed the deal and out the door we went. More like ran.
This is at the entrance of my street- 2 houses down from us. They are blocking off the road and getting ready for the rescue.
In between the firetruck and tree there is a big helicopter!
This is at the entrance of my street- 2 houses down from us. They are blocking off the road and getting ready for the rescue.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What fun! Who'd have thunk it? I would have taken the same "casual stroll" when I saw some action next door. :)
~Allison
Very exciting! Thanks for the great reporting too! Hugs and kisses to all of you!
Love, Bama/mama
Now THAT'S not something you see everyday! Eddie will have some big reporting for school next year! You certainly don't have a boring environment!!
Love ~aunt megs
Wow, that's amazing! I can't believe all the excitement that happens in your neighborhood! Glad you're all safe!
Post a Comment