2015

2015

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Niagara Falls

We just got back from a wonderful 4 nights in Niagara Falls, Canada!! Eddie had an assignment with the bridge commission for 2 days and we decided to tag along since Eddie and I have talked about going for the last 4 years. We ended up going a day early since a big snowstorm was coming the day we had planned to leave- and thank goodness we did!! Took 6 hours to get there, which wasn't too bad, all thanks to the wonderful people who created portable DVD players. The kids each have their own screen so there was practically no screaming the whole time! Then we ended up staying an extra night to see some more sights. We lucked out and got a fabulous suite overlooking both falls- visiting during off season is so much cheaper!!! We saw a famous bird sanctuary, butterfly conservatory, icewinery (yum!) and of course, the FALLS!! I don't think it got above 24 degrees the whole time we were there, and snow at some point each day, but was still worth it. No crowds- except at the bird conservatory where 3 busloads of foreign exchange students were dropped off 5 minutes before we got there. And to top it all off we got to go to another country where the people were very friendly (and talkative!). O Canada!



Click to play Niagara
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

5 comments:

Allison said...

Wow, that looks like a fun trip. I am FREEZING though looking at the pictures! I don't think I am up for an off-season trip to the Falls. I love the butterflies - especially the life cycle. Plus, how adorable... Little Eddie holding Nicolas' hand. Cheers to no babies on hotel room floors!
~Allison

Anonymous said...

WOW is right! Great pictures and looks like everyone had a wonderful time! XOXO
Love, Mama/Bama

Anonymous said...

You did an amazing job with the photos. What a trip to remember. Now you need to go back during the summer to take a ride in the falls, it's a blast!!! Eddie probably remembers ;-) I loved the butterfly photos and your view was fantastic!!! XOXOXOXO Grandma

Anonymous said...

WOW! Again! That looks like a very fun trip for all of you! Good job taking advantage of Daddy's travel obligation! After 2 weeks in frozen Montana I now know I could do that trip...I really want to see more of this country! Great pix!
Love,
~aunt megs

Anonymous said...

Wow, GREAT pics! What a cool hotel room view. Looks like such a fun trip, snow & all!