Bama, Nicolas and Amy
Aunt Chantil and Uncle Bobby
Little Eddie enjoying the ride
Grandpa, Uncle Eric, little Eddie and Eddie
We found a spot good for swimming and the boys dove right in! Uncle Bobby was too fast so I didn't get an action shot of him.
Uncle Eric
Eddie
Nicolas is fearless, so you know he was itching to jump off the boat too. No worries, we lowered him down from the ladder. Once in the water his face lit up and he yelled "I did it!!"
After a few minutes with Daddy, Uncle Bobby took over with Nicolas and he was in heaven! I wish you could see his mouth because he had a huge smile the whole time.
Chillin out with Uncle Bobby
After some swimming we took a little tour of the lake. Nicolas helped to navigate.
But after a few minutes he was just too tired and conked out.
I was on Nicolas watch
A few minutes after the last picture, there was a slight "incident" with the boat taking on some water. So I very calmly requested to be back at the cabin with my precious children. Bama decided to stay back and play with us, so we spent our time filling water balloons to throw at the unexpecting group when they returned.
It may sound easy, but filling tiny little water balloons is hard work!! Unfortunately I don't have any pictures on the attack, but we did get them and it was fun.
Nicolas decided to rest for a minute and try to fake Daddy out to think he was going to sleep. HA!
Playing around with Uncle Bobby
Enoying another sunset
Bama and little Eddie waiting for the fire to roast marshmellows!
Grandpa, Eddie and Uncle Bobby. Men and fire...
Bama and me!
Eddie and I
The girls- Chantil, Amy and me
Amy and Bobby
Eric and Chantil
Daddy and little Eddie having a moment
The whole family! I know, the lighting was AWFUL and I was kicking myself for not getting a group shot at dusk the night before, but unfortunately Amy and Chantil had to leave a day early so I had run out of time.
Our little family
Eric and Chantil
Bobby and Amy
Bama and Grandpa
Bama and Grandpa with the boys
Uncle Bobby with the boys
Uncle Eric, Aunt Chantil and the boys
The original 5
Eddie and me
Bama taking a walk with her boys. This may be my absolute favorite picture!
All the boys filling up water balloons to have some "games". We probably spent 2 hours out there filling up and it took less than 20 to use them all.
Little Eddie was so happy to get to play outside all day and hang out with the big boys.
Seriously HARD WORK!!
We didn't use all, but easily more than half.
Little Eddie and Uncle Eric playing "baby ring toss". Little Eddie is telling him how to do it.
So Uncle Eric tries to get the perfect shot...
And he does! It's a ringer!
Nicolas thinks this game is slightly amusing.

Now they throw it back and forth to each other over the railing and suddenly it's really fun!

Our last night we are getting ready to have some marshmellows

Bama and Grandpa- married 32 years this month! Happy Anniversary!
Uncle Eric, little Eddie, Uncle Bobby and Nicolas are ready for some fun!
Nicolas' gets a marshmellow, mmmmmm
Now it's Eddie's turn!

A better Original 5 shot
Sweet little baby boys
Bama making a smore!
Nicolas got to help the fire by throwing in sticks he found with assistance from Uncle Bobby

The last night the boys (Dad, Eric, Robert, Eddie) went down to the lake to see if they could find the frogs that we could hear so loud. Bobby got a great shot of one as it was croaking! I just love this shot too, the boys all at the water while the moon lights their way.
We had SO much for for 4 days at the cabin, and I guess we wore Nicolas out. Finally back home he got to sleep with Mommy and Daddy while Uncle Bobby had his bed.
And it was Nicolas' turn for swim lessons!! The first day he was pretty happy about it, but he wasn't happy that I had to hold on to him. He wanted "down!" which just couldn't happen since he is only 3 feet tall and the water is 3.5 feet deep.
Day 2- bring in the Bama reenforcements!
Uncle Bobby was on little Eddie duty in the baby pool, helping him learn how to swim.

Kicking and trying to get me wet!!
After some meltdowns it was time to double team Nicolas. Lucky me, the sun was hiding that day and the water is cold!!
All tuckered out from a hard morning of swimming
Day 3 of swimming- we attempted to go for pony rides before the pool, but the stable was closed that week for vacation. Bummer! But they do have a great playground so we stayed to play until it was time to swim.
Uncle Eric
A better Original 5 shot
Little Eddie was so brave and went on this very high slide right away.
And then went rock climbing with Uncle Bobby
Bama was on Nicolas duty. It's a tough job, but someone's gotta do it!
Playing ice cream shop
Bama wants chocolate!
And I will have Rocky Road. Please.
Uncle Bobby took the kids on a rocket ship to space!
5 comments:
Wow, that was a very full 4 days?? No, more than that with swimming of course! I'm SOOO happy all the original 5 got to be together for such a great lake trip and days beyond! Make that happen more often now that 2 of you are in one half the country!!
Love ~aunt megs
Wow, I was tired before that post and now I don't know if I can get up. Bobby must have been totally worn out from being ON the whole time. It's tough to have little ones idolize you! Lots of great pics, glad y'all had so much fun!
Great pictures! We did have a lot of fun and it really made it special that we all could be together over July 4th weekend!
Love, Bama/Mama
Awww...a new front page picture! Thank you for putting us on there. Home safe and sound and had a wonderful time! Love you so very much!
Love, Bama/mama
Wow, what a fun family reunion. Enjoyed the pics - the location seemed awesome! How cool Nicholas is taking swimming lessons - great pics!
Post a Comment