2015

2015

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Bama and SNOWICANE 2010

I think I told you before that the boys like to pretend they are babies...

And little Eddie had a playdate with one of his best buddies- the other Eddie. They had a grand time running around with the yellow train.

They even took turns!

And they played some Bingo

Eddie and Eddie :)

Fist bump to say goodbye

Nicolas was having a snack one day and wanted Lois to join him.

Telling Lois a secret


We have had a LOT of snow this last week, and this is what happens to our yard.
The deer destroy it regardless.
Friday Nicolas and I had a morning out with Bama! We got to have a nice breakfast and Nicolas did great! He had one of his trains and a tub of playdoh and it kept him busy the whole time.

Bama!!



Friday afternoon Eddie and I headed for Staten Island for a weekend alone- well, he had Reserves and I went along to do THIS all weekend...

And he did some of this when we got there.
We were a block away from the water looking over NYC

Connected by this HUGE bridge

So we saw some sights before heading out for a great chinese dinner

The view of NYC

The bridge at night, very cool!
Saturday morning Eddie headed off to work, and I took and nap and then read a great book the rest of the day.
After work we had a FANTASTIC Italian dinner!!

Relaxing after our meal


Tuesday we had a good snow- 12 inches or so! Eddie got up first thing in the morning to shovel. He had shovelled at 10pm the night before, and also a couple times the day before, and this was what happened overnight!

Winter wonderland


Later in the day we really wanted to get out and enjoy the snow. Bama wanted to pull the boys around the yard. The boys loved it, but it was really hard work! Note you can't even see Bama's foot since it is buried in the snow...

We made it to the front yard on our trek- barely- and decided to make a snowman. Nicolas kept yelling for help since he was getting stuck every 5 seconds.

Making snow angels

Sweet little snow boy Making the "snowman"

Snow angel!

You can barely see it, but they are standing next to the "snowman"

Eddie loved to jump off the piles of snow that Daddy builds when he shovels the driveway



King of the snow pile!

Jumping high!

Good thing the snow is soft to land on

Inside, having some hot chocolate and resting.


And today we are getting even MORE snow!! We are expecting 1-2 FEET in the next day so we had to go out again. I decided to make that big snow pile into a slide for little Eddie.

Climbing up the stairs I made for him

And going down head first!! He LOVED the slide and went down so many times.

Eddie and I took little Eddie down to the park to sled down the hill and it was really fun! Walking down with little Eddie in tow.


Back from the park and time to do some more sliding

Feet first this time



4 comments:

Allison said...

Yeah, so remember our record breaking snowfall? Ha! Love looking at all of the pictures. Makes me want to go have some hot chocolate and a yummy breakfast too. You already know what I think about your weekend... AWESOME!
Enjoyed the videos... that looks like a decent hill to sled down. Hope y'all don't get buried with the coming snow!

Meg said...

So am I seeing things or does Big E go sledding in shorts!?!?! Perhaps he has leg camoflage ski pants? What a nice (and strong) gramma Bama is! XOXOXO

Meg said...

PS-love the pictures of Nicolas with Lois! :)

Jennifer said...

The boys being swaddled like babies is too funny! Do they like to pretend to be babies more when grandma is around? I know mine does! Can't believe how much snow you guys got - looks like you guys are having an awesome time playing in it. Glad to see you got some relax time going to NYC with Eddie!